If you paint furniture for a living you know that new hardware adds up QUICK! There are times it’s okay to clean the hardware that originally came on the piece (here is my video tutorial on how to clean your current hardware and reuse it), but there are other times you just need to update it all. Below is a list of my top 5 favorite places to get new hardware at a great price:
1. D Lawless Hardware: Hands down, this is my favorite place to get milk glass knobs, classic glass knobs and pulls at a great price. The quality is hard to beat and they have so many options to choose from. Not only do they have a great amount of glass options, but they have many other styles, shapes, colors and sizes to choose from. If you aren’t in the market for knobs/pulls, they have other options as well. They sell hinges, drawer slides, appliques, hooks, etc. on their website. I also want to add that they are a family owned company here in the U.S. and the customer service is great! Here is my affiliate link for D Lawless Hardware.
2. Hobby Lobby: Did you know that Hobby Lobby’s knobs, drawer pulls and hardware accessories are 50% off every-other-week? Awesome, right!? I love to buy from here if I am looking for something rustic, dainty or different. Just keep in mind that they only have a certain amount in stock, so if you need at least 10 or more, you will probably need to order them online. You can still get 50% off the week the sale is on, but you will have to pay shipping. Sometimes they have free shipping on orders that are $49 or more.
3. Amazon: Amazon has a plethora of options. I usually order hardware from here if I want to add a standard pull or knob. They often have great prices on these items and you can get them pretty quick too. Keep in mind, if you are planning on replacing the hardware without re-positioning the current holes, make sure you get the correct measurement when you’re ordering. If it is a pull, you will want to measure the distance from the middle-to-middle of each hole.
4. Habitat for Humanity ReStore: I looove this place, but just like any other second-hand or donation store, it’s hit or miss. You have to hit them at the right time to get the “good” ones. They do, however, keep basic ones in stock if you want to paint/spray paint them or use them for other projects.
5. TJ Maxx/Home Goods/Marshall’s: These stores carry well priced pre-packaged sets of knobs and handles, but they can also be hit-or-miss. They options of hardware come in waves. For a few months they will carry the same ones and then a few months later they will get a new selection to choose from. If you’re luck enough, you may even catch them on clearance and you get a pack for $5 or $6!
Thank you so much for reading this blog post today for #ThriftyThursdaysWithFallon. I truly appreciate you stopping by and I hope this information helps you find a great deal on some new hardware! If you do find something, let me know! I want to celebrate with you! Happy Hardware Shopping!! See you tomorrow for #FridaysWithFallon!