Can you believe Christmas is over? Now is great time to get the best deals on Christmas decor! You can stock up on wrapping supplies, baking supplies, decorations, lights and even some toys! It is at least 50% off right now and will most likely increase up to 90% within the next week or so. If you have room to store these items go ahead a prepare for next year! For the purpose of this blog post, I went to five different places in my town late last night, so the deals would be fresh for you all today. These are my favorite places to get great deals after Christmas!
1. DOLLAR TREE: Yes, Christmas items are only .50! I like to go here first because it’s hard to beat 50 cents. This is a great place to get bags, boxes, bows and tissue paper for next year. They may even have a few cute toy ideas if you like to get your kids something for Valentine’s Day, or if you’re like me and you’re already thinking about filling those Easter baskets!
2. GROCERY STORES (Kroger, Food Lion, Ukrops, Martin’s, Bi Lo, etc): I love the clearance section at Grocery Stores. It’s one of those places people forget about so there is typically a nice selection to choose from. If you’re into baking you can find a great deal on icings and candies. They may be green and red, but if they are for the kids they aren’t going to care about the color anyway!! If you want, you could even use the red for Valentine’s Day and the green for St. Patrick's Day. If your having a New Year’s Eve party or you know of someone that has a birthday coming up, go ahead an stock up on some yummy chocolates or fancy truffles, a lot of times they aren’t in Christmas packing so you can use them whenever, just don’t wait until the summer or after they expire! They also have a lot of great deals on wrapping supplies, toys, games and cookware. Here are some pictures from my trip to my local Kroger:
3. DRUG STORES (Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc): This is another place people don’t think about too often and they have some really cute items on clearance! In fact, I have already started getting items for my kid’s Easter baskets!! I know that sounds ridiculous, but hey, I am getting things they like and will actually use for at least 50% off, so it’s worth it to me! I also stocked up on white tissue paper because I can use it all year long. Side note, before I purchased it, I made sure I was getting a better deal than what I would normally pay at the Dollar Tree.
Some examples of what my local Walgreens had in their Christmas Clearance Section were: slippers, pj’s, unique games and pre-wrapped “ready to go” gifts. They also have your typical Christmas papers, boxes, tissue paper, decor, candies, etc. See pictures below to see the examples:
4. BIG BOX STORES (Lowe’s, The Home Depot, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.): Lowe’s is already 75% off!! Items are going quick, but they still have some great deals. It’s a great place to get Christmas lights, spot lights, extension cords, etc. They also have a lot of great “fake” flower stems to choose from. I have not gone to Wal-Mart or Target yet, as far as Big Box Stores go, but I’m sure they have a lot of great wrappings and decor items to choose from, too. Below are some pictures I took at Lowe’s late last night. Oh, and don’t forget to go by the clearance paint-section while you’re there! ;-)
5. LOW PRICED DEPARTMENT STORES (Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, Marshall’s, TJ Maxx/Home Goods, Ross, Ollies, etc.): Jackpot, y’all. Big Lot’s had everything for my decor lovers. They had a lot of great items if you’re crafty, a wreath maker or have a booth at your local antique mall. You can go head and stock up for next year and start making items ahead of time especially if you participate in any craft shows during the Fall! Here are a bunch of pictures I took of the item’s on clearance at my local Big Lots.
***Try and purchase items that you can use all year long such as: white tissue paper, toy’s that can be gifted, plain color bags, pet item’s, extension cords, and wrapping paper without Christmas themes. Take note of the picture that I took of the wrapping paper below. It is perfect for kids because it is character themed paper, but it doesn’t have any Christmas or Holiday themes on it…perfect for Birthday’s!!
I have only listed some examples of places you can shop to get a great deal on Christmas item’s. Again, this is a list of my 5 favorite places to go first because people don’t often think of them. I will hit up the other stores later if I need to. Here are some other great places you can get great deals now that Christmas is over:
Vendor Malls (Shop Local!)
Local shops in your town (Shop Small)
Department Stores (Macy’s, Belk, JC Penney’s, etc.)
Online shops (Etsy, Amazon, Wayfair etc.)
Also, please keep in mind…MODERATION! Even though I went to all of these places, I only purchased four things; two packs of white tissue paper, one toy for my son’s Easter basket and one toy for my daughter’s Easter basket….oh, and a gallon of milk from Kroger. I don’t recommend going into the stores like it’s Super Market Sweepstakes. Only buy things you need and KNOW you will use. Spend your money wisely. If you don’t, you’re not really saving money and that’s the whole point.
Now, go get some awesome deals and make sure you tell me about it!!
Thank you so much for tuning in today for #ThriftyThursdaysWithFallon. I truly appreciate you stopping by and wish you a very Happy New Year!!