Thank you for stopping by to today’s quick tip on staging your painted furniture:
I love to stage with old hardback books! They are great because they don’t cost too much money to purchase, they come in many different colors and they do a great job balancing out decor. They are a nice way to add character without going overboard! Here is a quick overview of what you can do with them:
1. Keep them as-is
2. Stack the books as high as you want or need
3. Stand the books up and go as far across as you need
4. Turn the books around backwards and let the pages show if you want a more neutral look
5. Vary the colors or go with a solid color
6. Paint them
7. Tear off the cover and show the “shaggy” binding
8. Hang them on the wall
9. Take out the pages and use them as wall decor or drawer liners
10. Tie rope or ribbon around them while adding greenery/flowers to add color
There are literally so many options! I recommend keeping a few different colors of hardback books on hand so you have a variety of options. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure you check out my #ThriftyThursdaysWithFallon blog post on where to find the best deal on hardback books! You can find that post HERE.
If you want to learn numerous tips and tricks on how to stage your furniture, here is the link to my eBook, Your Virtual Storefront. The Complete Guide to Staging Painted Furniture. It has over 20 pages of jammed packed information that will help you take your staging to the next level! I appreciate you stopping by for #StagingSaturdaysWithFallon. I will see you Monday for #MondayMakeoversWithFallon!